Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Here

The birthday girl!

Well, it is finally here.  Our daughter turned 18 today.  We were laughing because the night I went into labor was very much like last night.  It was very rainy, we were watching March Madness and it looked like Duke was going into overtime when I told Jay we needed to go to the hospital.  He jokingly looked at me and said, "Now, are you sure?"  Just a few hours later Ashley was born and our adventure began!

Throughout the celebration there were lots of comments made about turning 18 and finally being an adult.  We laughed a bit about those comments, but I did remind her that 18 just means she is legal.  Being an adult is more about how you act - you know - more freedom means more responsibility.   I got the whole eye roll thing......again.  "I know mom"  Lol!

Loved being able to celebrate with family.  Lots of fun stories!!!!  We are looking forward to seeing what God has in store for Ashley in this next stage of her life.

Happy Birthday Ashley!!!! 

No comments: