Friday, August 14, 2009

What Does Success Look Like?

Not long ago I heard a fantastic talk given by a guy named Andy Andrews. I had never heard of him before, but he said he had written a book called The Traveler's Gift so I decided to read it.

WOW!!!!!! Once I started reading, I could not put the book down, which was scary because I was traveling on a plane to give a presentation and really needed to be focused on my talk.

When I finished, my head was swimming with all kinds of thoughts about my life and the impact I am having on others.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to read this book. I think it has the potential to be transformational.

In the book, Mr. Andrews takes David Ponder back in time to meet with historical characters to consider seven decisions that determine personal success. Responsibility, seeking wisdom, serving others, being a person of action and having a decided heart are just a few of the things Ponder is given to think about.

Whether you are single, married, a parent, boss, employee, friend, etc. this book addresses things we all should be thinking about.

Check out Andy Andrews' website

1 comment:

Betty Anne said...

I also have been impacted by this book! A great fast read that leads to transformational contemplation!