Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It takes a team

This morning I attended a kickoff breakfast for an event we will be holding in January called Championship Fathers. It was really exciting to have folks come together from across the community who are passionate about the importance of father involvement. As ideas were generated and people got excited you could feel the momentum in the room. I LOVE IT!!!!! I think it is so easy to get busy in your own little silo doing your own deal that you forget there are other people out there who share your passion and want to collaborate. I honestly got goosebumps thinking about the potential for this event with all of us working together and sharing the load.

Sometimes it seems like the issues are just too big to conquer, but this meeting reminded me that the reality is we are the best stewards of our time, energy and talent when we work as a team.

No comments: